CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, May 17, 2007

Whatever....

Well, I've officially given up on American Idol. I have been an avid watcher since it's beginnings and it has continued to go downhill. The only true winners in my opinion (based on best singing ability) have been Kelly Clarkson and Carry Underwood. The show is not about the best singer or the best performer. It's about little tinny boppers voting for someone they think is cute or someone who has improved throughout the show but is still not the best singer. I also think the show uses subliminal messaging. I know that sounds silly, but they did it even last night. I believe Jordin will win because that's what the show and network is pushing. If you go back and watch the season, you'll see what I mean. They do it every year. I've said from the beginning that Jordin would win (not that I think she deserves it). If Blake wins I'll be surprised. Blake and Jordin are both great singers, I'll agree on that. They just weren't the best. Melinda was by far the best singer and performer they've ever had on the show. I know she'll do great in her career. Well, thanks for listening to my ranting and raving. I feel better now.

1 comment:

gretch said...

You go girl! I agree with everything you said.