CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Having a Brunch?

Here is a simple recipe that I came up with to make your next brunch a success.

Jody's Chicken and Broccoli Quiche
1 cup Cooked Chicken
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
1 cup cooked broccoli
Salt and Pepper
4 eggs
1/2 cup milk
1 cup sharp cheddar cheese
1 pie crust

Roast a chicken breast with olive oil, salt and pepper at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Cook onions and mushrooms in 2 tbsp of butter until tender. Add broccoli, chicken and salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
In a bowl, whisk 4 eggs with milk and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add vegetable mixture, cheddar cheese, and mix well. Bake pie crust at 350 degrees for 5 mins. Raise temp to 400 degrees. Fill crust with egg/vegetable mixture and bake 15 mins. Reduce temperature to 325 degrees and bake until set at edges and slightly loose in center (around 30 - 40 minutes). Let cool and set.

TIP: Don't forget to cover your pie crust edges with foil if they are browning too quickly.

This is great served with your favorite salad. It's sure to make a great brunch treat for you and your guests.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, so I am sooo excited to try this. We're gonna try this on a "cheat" day, and maybe make the lava chocolate cake for dessert :)

Kelly B

Kelly Barnes :) said...

Okay, so my husband made this last week and I mentioned it on Jody's facebook and just thought I should comment on here too.

It looked and tasted absolutely fantastic!! I'm a huge quiche fan, I've never had one with chicken in it but it is fabulous. There is a restaurant here in Tulsa, MiMi's Cafe, and let me tell you they have some wonderful quiche, but I would venture to say that this quiche was even better! Just wait and see, you'll be opening a restaurant in no time ;)

Love ya Jody, and thanks for the great recipes!

jody said...

Thanks girl! I'm so glad you liked it! I hope you're feeling better! Miss you!