CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 16, 2010

Chicken with Almonds

This is a great little dish that is a favorite at my home. My mom gets the credit for this one and I was enjoying it at an early age. Now that I have a family of my own, it has become a favorite once again. If you are not a fan of almonds, simply don't add them to the dish. It will still be amazing.




6-8 chicken breasts
1/4 cup olive oil
1/4 cup of diced onion
3 Tbsp. All Purpose Flour
2 cups chicken broth
1/4 cup Sherry
2 tsp. dried tarragon
salt and pepper to taste
1cup sour cream
4 Tbsp. slivered almonds (opt)

Salt and pepper chicken
Brown chicken in oil and remove
Saute onions in same pan
Stir in flour
Slowly add sherry and chicken broth
When liquid begins to simmer, remove chicken to skillet
Add tarragon, salt and pepper
Cook covered on low for approximately 45 minutes
Stir in sour cream and heat; do not boil
Garnish with slivered almonds

I like to serve this with white rice

6 comments:

Scott said...

Hey Jody! This looks great! Very useful to us bachelors who want to cook something now and then...

Praying for you, Jeff, and the new baby! Best wishes!

To everyone else reading this blog, I can testify to Jody's good cooking, as I often mooched a meal or two from Jeff and Jody in college ;-)

Jeff Bumgardner said...

I just have to say, this meal is amazing. We also had cauliflower casserole with this meal. I think I've put on 5 lbs since Jody started this blog. Not because the food is fattening, but because it is SO good I can't stop eating it until it's gone.

I'm pretty sure a cobbler video is coming in the next day or so. Check back for it! Gosh, my mouth is watering just thinking about it.

Anonymous said...

I just found this blog and I love it. I have told friends about it already. The videos really bring it to life for me. Recipes can be misleading, but the videos really help me to understand what I should be doing throughout the meal. I will definitely be visiting often. Keep them coming. I can't wait to show off what I've learned at my next social gathering at my place.

dragongourd said...

Definitely gonna try this one, Jody. I've not cooked with wine before. :-) One request - is it possible to post a written recipe for those of us who can't remember all the details and like to have something right in front of us when we cook?

Jody Bumgardner said...

Sure, Darlene. I'll try to get something posted in writing. Thanks for your suggestion. And, I've got that cobbler coming later today. Keep checking back!

Sebroo said...

Oh wow, I haven't cooked this in forever and it's always been my absolute favorite. You should do Chicken Pot Pie next. No wait...I've got it...Cowpot!