CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, April 23, 2007

"The Birds"

Today started off as one of those really fun days. We didn't get to bed until late because Caleb was having a "tummy ache" and, of course, he thought he wasn't going to make it. I woke up after 8 a.m. (which is not usual) and remembered Ella had her 1 year check-up at 9 a.m. I know this gives me an hour, but considering Caleb was late for school and I had to get 3 children dressed, fed, and out the door I was in trouble. Everyone got where they needed to go and we were only 6 minutes late for our appointment. Needless to say, I was very proud of myself.

The appointment took a little while to get going (when does it not?) and we made it back in the room. The visit with the doctor went well. She's very average in weight and height. She's a whopping 20 lbs. now. Anyway, then it was time for her shots. I should have known things weren't going to go so well when Ella started screaming when I sat her down on the table. Remember, nothing is being done yet, just setting her down. So, even though it only took the nurse all of 10 seconds to give the shots, Ella was screaming for about 10 minutes. Okay, not that long, but close to it. She soon returned to her happy self so we decided to run a couple of errands with my friend Gretchen.

We stopped for lunch and ate at a table outside since it was such a pretty day. I tried sushi for the first time....not so bad. I would definitely have to acquire a taste for it. The really interesting part about the lunch was Abby reacting to the birds around us. I really think she thought she was in a scene from Alfred Hitchcock's "The Birds" even though there were only 3 I think . She was convinced they were going to attack her. So our meal was spent trying to calm her down enough to eat her food and me trying not to laugh at the people around us watching Abby like she was crazy.

My next blog is going to be a recipe that has had very good reviews so check back tommorow for a quick and easy meal that you've got to try.

1 comment:

Kelly Ritter said...

I love this... I wish I could see her! She is s o big!!!!!!!!!!